Do you want a better way to search your computer? When you receive a hard drive or memory stick with hundreds or thousands of files, how long does it take you to comprehend what is there?
Imagine being able to copy the contents of Windows Explorer into Excel, so that you can then search, filter and annotate files and folders more easily, save the results of your searches, and email them to whoever you want.
Imagine no more. Introducing Filecats Standard, a cataloger which enables you to harness Windows Explorer in your existing Microsoft Excel program.
With just two clicks from inside Windows Explorer, Filecats can open Excel and import the standard Windows Explorer columns into Excel, together with hyperlinks, allowing you to catalogue, investigate, annotate and email the results.
Investigate files that you have just been given, or catalog a CD or hard drive that you are sending out to create a permanent record, helping you with your ISO 9001 requirements.
A Filecats Standard catalog is better than a Windows Explorer search because of:
1. Permanence - creates a permanent record of your hard drive, memory stick or CD.
2. Easy to use, yet powerful - use all the familiar features in Microsoft Excel to aid your searches.
3. Annotate - you can add extra columns to annotate the results of your search, something you cannot do easily in Windows Explorer.
4. Portability - send a copy of your catalogue by email or save it to the network for later retrieval.
5. Speed - especially for multiple searches, the search facility in Windows can be slow. On a fast computer, Filecats Standard can catalogue tens of thousands of files per minute.
Filecats is easy to use, yet powerful enough to save you so much time and frustration.
Try it for yourself for free, and see how much time you can save and how much more efficient you can become. For more features, try Filecats Professional, a metadata extractor with several hundred additional columns.